Unexpected Token '.'

Kevin Ampuero | 2022-01-23T21:53:10.441Z

I had worked on this site in small chunks of deep focus that kept me in the zone for a bit before I was pulled away by other things. Once everything was up and running, I stopped checking on the builds on Netlify, since most of the changes would be fairly minor.

It turns out that the builds had been failing for a few days. The problem was that the changes I made were already long gone from my mind.

I tracked down the commit and it wasn’t immediately helpful. In the previous commits I had added a dynamic route to handle blog posts, along with a different way of fetching the posts. I also updated to the latest version of SvelteKit, which could always be an issue considering that it’s still in development.

I did what any dev would do… I Googled it. This was one of those issues that don’t have a direct solution, just a bunch of best guesses that you can throw at the problem. The one that stuck was the addition of following to my netlify.toml file:

  node_bundler = "esbuild"

I’m not sure if it was the update that required this to be enforced or if it was due to the dynamic routes that called on a bit more heavy lifting during the build process. Either way… builds are building. Off I go.

Copyright 2024 - iHaveQuestions.dev